Monday, April 29, 2013

Kids Clothing Week Challenge Spring 2013 Review

OK this is strange. I feel like I should hop up and make something or be planning my next project not sitting on the couch typing. I really enjoyed last week. My house is much dirtier and my refrigerator is empty but worth it I think. 

The following are pictures of my accomplishments, oh and the clothes too.  I feel pretty good about the items I completed this week. I hope you like them too.



Day One - Box Pleat Shorts - Pattern by Crafting Zuzzy.




The weather has not been warm enough for shorts so she has not been able to enjoy these just yet. Hopefully, she won't have any major growth spurts before the weather changes and will be able to wear them through the summer too.


Day 2 & 4 - Ruffle Pants & Halter Top - Pants pattern by Modest Maven & Top Pattern by Oliver+S.







I really love these pants & the halter. I never planned on them being worn together but I kinda like it. The halter is a perfect fit with a little room to grow, maybe even next summer too (not that it matters I am definitely making this one again). The pants I was hoping would be capri's and as you can see they are a little big. They still work as pants and big just means they will fit her longer. I think Hannah would be OK with that. She really liked these pants, especially running in them.



Day 3 - Spring Coat - Pattern by luvinthemommyhood.





Hannah has worn this almost every day since I made it and received lots of compliments. I think its because the color makes her eyes stand out. Thank you Shannon for sharing this pattern.



Day 5 - Crop Baggie Pants - Pattern by Sessa






Sammy has worn these every day since I made them. They feel super comfy. As you can see they are a bit big so he should be wearing these for a long time. I need to make him a couple more of these.







Turns out my Sammy is the model in the family. I couldn't stop taking pictures of him. He is such a goof ball!




 The boys got some moves!


Day 6 - Comfy Knit Dress - Pattern by LBG Studio.





By far everyones favorite for the week. I must make her a couple more. I have the same fabric in blue & white with black poka-dots. She needs matching bloomers too. 



Day 7 - Swing Tank & Shorts - Tank pattern by True Bias & shorts McCall 5416.








The swing tank and shorts fit her perfectly. I can see this being worn a lot through the warmer months. They are both light and airy. 




I enjoyed doing this so much I am already planning my summer 2013 KCWC. 


Thanks for stopping by. Come back soon!


Darla

No comments:

Post a Comment