Monday, June 10, 2013

Dolly Dingle's - G.G. Drayton

I know you all are expecting a post for shorts today, but I had to share these with you. I have a short tutorial in the works and will have that posted later this week. For now feast  your eyes on these babies.
 A friend and I went to an awesome shop this weekend and I came across these adorable framed paper dolls from the 1920's. I really know nothing about them other than they are super cute. I just couldn't walk away from them. They are perfect for my sewing studio or Hannah's bedroom. I truly fell in love with the little girl but knew I had to get the pair.
Aren't these little outfit just perfect. They inspire me. Expect to see my version on each of these at some point. Maybe I will do sewing series, a whole week of paper doll knock-off's (or something like that) then I can dress-up my little doll in them. 

These appear to be original magazine prints from 1927 & 1928. They are are in good condition and appear to be professionally framed. I am sure I paid to much but I am not to concerned with that. I just love them and plan on enjoying them for years to come. If anyone knows anything about these I would love to hear about them and the artist.

Thanks for stopping by the nest!
Darla

No comments:

Post a Comment