Sunday, June 23, 2013

Gathered Pocket Shorts

I finally completed my second pair of shorts for Short-on-the-Line.  

When I saw the 
Puppet Show Short from Oliver+S that Jess from Craftiness is not Optional did for the 2013 Spring KCWC (shown below) I knew I had to make them. 

Photo from CINO
Aren't they cute! I can't afford the oliver + s patterns on my sewing budget, so I got creative and did a knock-off. I have never seen the pattern or a completed pair of shorts using the pattern in person so I am sure these are nothing like the real thing but they are good enough for me. 

I am working on the tutorial with the 2T pattern and hopefully I will be able to post it tomorrow. For now here is the completed product.


They are kind of a cross between the puppet show shorts and the bottom of the overalls I used to make the pattern. Now looking at the Oliver+S shorts I see that the legs are not as gathered as I thought. Oh-well I think they are cute anyway.


For a little detail at the waist, I decided to add the fake drawstring tie using a twill tape and the fabric is a denim blue poplin. 







Isn't this flag shirt fun. I used a tutorial from Our Good Life to make it. It took me about about 15 minute to make. The tutorial is a no sew however I found it easier to sew with the sewing machine then to battle with fusible tape. 


Stop by soon for the gathered pocket shorts pattern and tutorial. 

Thanks for visiting the nest!
Darla

No comments:

Post a Comment