Friday, June 7, 2013

Shorts-on-the-Line


I am looking forward to sewing up some shorts for Hannah & Samuel with this years Shorts on the Line sewalong.

shorts on the line button

I have a couple of my own patterns that I have drawn up that I am itching to make.  The posts start on June 10th. There is a contest aspect to this sewalong. Imaginegats has posted the following rules and judging critieria:

Rules: The rules are quite simple:1. Sew (or knit/crochet) a pair of shorts. Adult and child sizes welcome. Anything that shorter than a pant (capris, clam diggers, bloomers, swim trunks) is considered fair game.2. Shorts must have been completed in 2013. 3. Upcycling and refashion are encouraged, but simply chopping off a pair of jeans won't win you any fabulous prizes.4. Enter to win by submitting no more than three pictures to the flickr group. Be sure to add a description (links to blog posts are okay), the more we know about what you did the easier it will be for us to be impressed!


Judging: All entries will be judged on the following criteria:1. Craftsmanship: high quality construction, nice finishing2. Creativity: design, fabric choice, unique style3. Wearablity: functional, well-fitting4. Presentation: nice photos, cute styling

I am not expecting any prizes. The sewalongs are fun. I find that I always learn something new & stretch my sewing abilities, that's reward enough. 

Check back and see what I've completed.

Thanks for stopping by the nest!
Darla


No comments:

Post a Comment