Monday, July 22, 2013

KCWC - Day 6 - Reversible Criss Cross Pinafore

My weekend got away from me. I only managed to complete one item instead of the two I was hoping for. I am a little bummed but it was for good reason. I had some projects for other people that needed to take priority. I will get to last KCW item later this week.


I have been wanting to make a criss cross pinafore for sometime now. I made the one by smashed peas & carrots back in April but found it to be too big for Hannah to wear right now therefore I never did a post for it. I am sure she will get a lot of use of that one next summer. This left me with the idea of drafting my own. I had seen some suggestions on how to do it and though I would give it a whirl. 


I cheated a little and used the front of MaCall's 5416 pattern that I had success with in the past here. I then drafted my own criss cross back to match it.  I was really easy to do and came together quickly. I would imagine that any a-line style top pattern would work. Drafting the front pattern too would probably be simple too. Here is a great tutorial for drafting the whole pattern. I did the hidden snap buttons again since they worked out so great here.


I know the colors seem odd for summer time. To be honest I really made this for Hannah's fall wardrobe and intended it to be layered with long sleeves and jeans. I thinking that is going to look adorable. For now I just paired it with a cream linen bloomers. Dana from MADE has an awesome free pattern and tutorial for bloomers.


My version turned out to be a bit large too. Sigh.... oh well. The longer she gets to wear it for.



I love the sweet little bottom and cub roll thighs! 




My next post is going to be a tutorial on how I drafted this using the McCall's front pattern. Maybe others who already own this or a similar pattern will find it useful.

Thanks for stopping by the nest!
Darla

No comments:

Post a Comment