Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Thanksgiving Dress

I don't know about you guys but my family has been fighting off sicknesses left and right. I am just now getting over pneumonia. Nothing worse than a busy Mom being in bed for a week. Thank the heavens for a good husband. Sadly, it has put a delay on all things creative for a while. Fortunately, my family seems to be getting past everything so I have been able to start getting in the swing of things again. Just in time for the holidays.

Now that I am healthy again made Fall inspired paneled circle skirt dress. It's perfect for Thanksgiving. I have made this style before here. Like most sewist I have a bit of an addiction to fabrics and all of the glorious designs & patterns they come in. This dress uses four of those glorious fabrics. 

It's a full circle skirt so it has a lot a spin to it. Hannah has been pestering me to wear it every time she sees it. I am making her wait till Thanksgiving Day though.


As I pointed out in my last sewing post I have a new obsession with Yo-Yo's. I really liked how it worked out for the last dress I made for Hannah and it incorporates more of those fabrics I love so much so I couldn't resist.


I learned my lesson though, Yo-yo's don't wash well. This time I attached it to a hair clip so it can be removed for washing and bonus it can be clipped anywhere including her hair. 

I decided to add a little something extra this time. A simple zigzag stitch in contrasting thread on the skirt trim. When I think of Fall I think of zigzags for some reason. Must be jack-o-lantern mouths, scarecrows or something. I love how it turned out. I need to get familiar with my decorative stitches on my machine and start adding more accents like this to my projects.

Since we live in Ohio State Buckeye country I have been requested to make this dress in scarlet and grey for an OSU inspired dress. I have collected the fabrics and I'm looking forward to making it. I will post pictures when it is done.

Thanks for stopping by the nest.
Happy Thanksgiving!

Darla

No comments:

Post a Comment