Friday, February 13, 2015

KCW Winter 2015 - T-Shirt Dresses

Kids Clothes Week has come and gone. I managed to complete three items this week. Two of which are t-shirt dresses. I am really surprise by the response I get when ever I make these. They seem to have that nice balance between comfortable, girly and dressed up. My daughter really enjoy's wearing them and I enjoy making them. However, these two are for other little girls whom I hope get hours of spin time out of them. 
I've been asked recently where I get my fabric. Most of it comes from my local Hobby Lobby and Joann Fabrics. Some come from on-line retailers like Fabric.com. For these dresses all the fabric came from Hobby Lobby. I find I like the quality of most of their fabrics. They don't have a huge selection but what they do is usually really pretty, like this light teal and lavender print. 
I have also received numerous email's requesting the patterns for the four different styles I make. I have been waffling back and forth on that one for sometime and finally decided that I should do that. I'm not sure when or how it will be available but I am working on it. If anyone is interested in doing pattern testing send me an email and I will add you to the list. I sell the dresses 18 months to 5T so that will probably be the same range of my patterns.
I am sure there is a good number of sewist who have no problem reproducing these dresses by doing some basic calculations. But for those not interested in doing the math I can understand why you would like a pattern. 
As I contemplate creating patterns for these dresses there are so many possibilities on how to use these basic skirt patterns. They can be added to virtually any bodice (pre-made or handmade) or a standalone skirt. And lets not forget the embellishment possibilities.
Again, if you are interested in doing pattern testing for the t-shirt dress patterns send me an email or leave me a comment with your email address.

Thanks for stopping by the nest!
Darla

No comments:

Post a Comment