Sunday, June 21, 2015

Book: Kwik Sew's Sewing for Toddlers

OK start the mocking now. So I bought another sewing book. This one is definitely dated. The Kwik Sew's Sewing for Toddlers by Kerstin Martensson was originally published in 1992. I really wasn't too deterred by this. This book received great (current) reviews. So much of the feedback given on amazon indicated that with very little effort that these patterns can be modernized and that they are timeless. For practical toddler clothes I can see where this is possible. That being said, I think this one has "good bones" and I'm excited about diving in to it. The sizes are 1T-4T and most of the patterns are intended for knit and sweat shirt fabrics.
This is one of the examples of a great outfit for a toddler. I have a handful of rompers just like this that my Sammy wore frequently as a baby and Noah is now wearing. These have been of favorite of mine so I'm happy to have a pattern to make my own. 

For Summer Kids Clothes Week this week I am definitely going to make something from this book.  I may even attempt to make a summery version of this jump suit. 

So mock me all you want. I'm determined to make this one work ; ) For fun I ordered my all time favorite movies to watch while using it, Mr. Mom.

Thanks for stopping by the nest!
Darla

No comments:

Post a Comment