Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Summer KCW 2015 - 4th of July Dress

I have had this Signature Dress pattern by Go To Patterns for several years made a few attempts to start on it then stopped each time for whatever reason. The instructions were very easy to follow and the PDF pattern easy to use.  The pattern comes with a ton of variations.  A few of which is a long sleeve, kangaroo pocket and hood.

 I'm not in love with the style of the neckline. It reminds me of a mock turtle neck.  I do like the little cap sleeves though.  I'm sure if I make some modification to the neckline I could really like this patten.
The fabric is a navy & red striped knit with a very thin silver strip between that I purchased from JoAnn Fabrics last year. It has a two way stretch that make it little more challenging to work with but lining up the stripes went great. 
Hannah was exited to wear this and really likes it and that's what matters most!  

I think I am going to try this pattern out again this winter with the variation that I mentioned and I'll let you know how that goes.

Thanks for stopping by the nest!
Darla

No comments:

Post a Comment